Members were presented with a report that asked for consideration of the recommendations for each facility and approval to proceed.
The Lead Executive Member for Commercial Services introduced the report and responded to questions of clarity. It was confirmed that the final report on this matter would be presented to the Executive at the next meeting on 14 March 2019.
1. That work continues with Totnes Town Council and Kingsbridge Town Council to find suitable funding proposals to recover Pay on Entry projected income at the following locations:
- Totnes – Civic Hall, Coronation Road and Steamer Quay; and
- Kingsbridge – Fore Street
(Unless suitable funding alternatives are offered locally before the 28 February 2019, then Pay on Entry (PoE) equipment should be installed at these facilities.)
2. That the proposed approach of Salcombe Town Council (working in partnership with the Salcombe Harbour Board) to take over the management and running of the Salcombe Estuary Toilets for a 2 year trial period be endorsed. This proposal requires a transfer of the service budget to facilitate the pilot being agreed in detail.
(NB. Full details of the proposal are outlined in amended Paragraph 2.4ii of the presented agenda report and Appendix B.)
3. That the £9,000 request for the repair to the roof at Mill Bay in recognition that this maintains a facility which would otherwise have been permanently closed be considered. (NB. This will need to be funded from the central building and maintenance budget which the Council has for all its assets.)
4. That the position be noted in respect of public toilet facilities at:
• Newton Ferrers (Newton & Noss Parish); and