Venue: Chamber - Kilworthy Park
Contact: Kathy Hoare Senior Case Manager - Democratic Services
Apologies for Absence
There were apologies received from Cllr S Hipsey for whom Cllr Cheadle substituted.
Declarations of Interest
Members are invited to declare any personal or disclosable pecuniary interests, including the nature and extent of such interests they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting.
[If Councillors have any questions relating to predetermination, bias or interests in items on this Agenda, then please contact the Monitoring Officer in advance of the meeting]
Cllrs T Pearce and B Ratcliffe declared a personal interest in all applications by virtue of being Members of the Devon Building Control Partnership. They remained in the meeting and took part in the debate and vote thereon.
Cllr J Yelland declared an interest on behalf of all the Committee Members as they had all received correspondence from Baker Estates and from a Lamerton Parish Councillor in regard to application 1766/21/OPA.
Items Requiring Urgent Attention
To consider those items which, in the opinion of the Chairman, should be considered by the Meeting as matters of urgency (if any).
There was no urgent business brought forward to this Meeting.
Confirmation of Minutes PDF 333 KB
Meeting held on 14 September 2021
The Minutes of the Development Management and Licensing Committee Meeting held on 14h September 2021 were confirmed as a correct record.
Planning Applications PDF 802 KB
To see Letters of Representation and further supplementary information relating to any of the planning applications on the agenda, please select the following link and enter the relevant Reference number: http://westdevon.gov.uk/searchlanding
The Committee proceeded to consider the application(s) that had been prepared by the Development Management Specialists and considered also the comments of the Town and Parish Councils together with other representations received, which were listed within the presented agenda report and summarised below, and RESOLVED that:
(a) Application No: 1324/21/FUL Ward: Okehampton North
Site Address: St James Church of England Primary School, Fort Road, Okehampton
Development: New artificial turf pitch with fencing
Objector – Glennon Chatting-Walters
Supporter –Michaela Myerscough
1. The proposal would introduce a built form of development that due to its scale, height and proximity will result in a harmful impact on the character and appearance of the area. The proposed development is therefore contrary to Policies DEV10 and DEV20 of the Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan.
2. The proposed development by reason of loss of outlook, over dominance and loss of privacy will result in a form of development that is harmful to the amenity of neighbouring residents. As such the proposal would fail to comply with the requirements of Policies DEV1 and DEV2 of the Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan.
During discussion and debate Members raised concerns over the raised height of the pitch and the impact on the privacy of neighbouring properties.
The Solicitor advised the Committee that the reference to Policy DEV10 in the recommendation was an error and therefore was not being relied as support for the recommendation.
COMMITTEE DECISION: Refusal
(b) Application No. 1766/21/OPA Ward: Milton Ford
Site Address: “Land at Sx 445 766” Lamerton
Development: Outline application with some matters reserved for residential development of up to 20 dwellings, formation of new access and associated works.
Objector- Mr Brian Pedder’s statement was read out by the
Democratic Services Officer, as he was unable to attend in person
Supporter – Richard Ayre
Lamerton Parish Council – Cllr Jess Evans
Ward Member – Cllr Neil Jory
RECOMMENDATION: Delegate approval to Head of Development Management, in conjunction with Chairman to conditionally grant outline planning permission, subject to a Section 106 legal obligation.
Conditions (list not in full)
1. Submission of reserved matters.
2. Reserved matters to be submitted within 3 years.
3. Commencement of development within 2 years following approval of last of the reserved matters.
4. Access to be constructed in accordance with approved plan.
5. Reserved matters to include replacement hedgerows and hedge bank at access points.
6. Main access to be constructed prior to other works commencing.
7. Construction Management Plan.
8. Estate roads condition.
9. Internal roads to be provided prior to occupation.
10. Waste audit statement.
11. Unexpected contamination.
12. Electric vehicle charging points.
13. Low carbon development in accordance with DEV32.
14. Open market housing mix.
15. Surface Water drainage details
16. Landscape and Ecological Management Plan (LEMP)
17. Construction and Environmental Management Plan (CEMP)
18. Adhere to the tree protection plan
Members raised the following points:
· concerns about the safety of pedestrians using ... view the full minutes text for item *DM&L .20
Planning Appeals Update PDF 68 KB
The Head of Development Management updated the Members on the decided planning appeals.
Update on Undetermined Major Applications PDF 198 KB
The Head of Development Management updated the Members on each of the undetermined Major applications.