Venue: Council Chamber - Follaton House. View directions
Contact: Email: Democratic.Services@swdevon.gov.uk
Declarations of Interest
In accordance with the Code of Conduct, Members are invited to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, Other Registerable Interests and Non-Registerable Interests including the nature and extent of such interests they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting;
Members and officers were invited to declare any interests in the items of business to be considered during the course of this meeting, but there were none made.
Exclusion of Public and Press
to consider the following resolution to exclude the public and press:-
“That in accordance with Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business in order to avoid the likely disclosure to them of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act”;
It was then:
That in accordance with Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item of business as the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A to the Act is involved.
Waste and Recycling Services Contract Update
Consideration was given to an exempt report that provided an update on the status of the Waste and Recycling Services Contract. It was noted that the report was an urgent report and that it had been agreed with Chairman of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee that the Call-in provisions should not apply of this report.
Following a lengthy debate during which widespread support was expressed for the proposed way forward and the strictly confidential nature of the contents of the published agenda report was reinforced, Members expressed a wish to re-admit the public and press to the meeting in advance of the vote on the motion being taken.
As a result, it was then:
That the public and press be re-admitted to the meeting.
It was then:
1. That the work of the Waste Working Group in guiding the Council’s strategic approach to waste services and the progress made in negotiations with the Council’s waste contractor (FCC) be recognised;
2. That Council be RECOMMENDED to
3. That it be noted that the Lead Member will bring a further report to the Executive in September 2022 setting out an operational plan designed to stabilise the service and the changes required to reduce the current operating costs in the medium term.
4. That the intention for the Head of Paid Service to make the necessary organisational changes to enable a seamless handover of the service be noted.
5. That that the Section 151 Officer be requested to bring a further report to the Executive ... view the full minutes text for item E.3/22