Venue: Council Chamber - Follaton House. View directions
Contact: Kathy Trant Specialist- Democratic Services 01803 861185
To approve as a correct record and authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 12 December 2018;
The minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 12 December 2018 were confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
Members are invited to declare any personal or disclosable pecuniary interests, including the nature and extent of such interests they may have in any items to be considered at this meeting;
Members and officers were invited to declare any interests in the items of business to be considered and the following were made:
Cllr Hitchins declared a personal interest in application 1954/18/OPA: Outline application with some matters reserved for the erection of up to 39 no. dwellings with associated vehicular access from Pinewood Drive and other enabling works – Development site at SX 513 609, Land off Pinewood Drive, Woolwell by virtue of knowing the applicant. Cllr Hitchins confirmed he did not have a disclosable pecuniary interest but advised that he would not take part in the debate. He remained in the meeting and abstained from the vote;
Cllr D Brown declared a personal interest in the following planning application that was sited within the South Devon AONB by virtue of being a Member of the South Devon AONB Partnership Committee and remained in the meeting and took part in the debate and vote thereon:
0453/18/FUL: Change of use of open space winter boat storage (B8) to designated outdoor seating area (A3) – Captain Morgans, Normandy Way, Salcombe.
The Chairman to advise the Committee on any requests received from members of the public to address the meeting;
The Chairman announced that a list of members of the public and town and parish council representatives, who had registered their wish to speak at the meeting, had been circulated.
To see Letters of Representation and further supplementary information relating to any of the Applications on the agenda, please select the following link and enter the relevant Planning Reference number: http://apps.southhams.gov.uk/PlanningSearchMVC/
The Committee considered the details of the planning applications prepared by the Planning Case Officers as presented in the agenda papers, and considered also the comments of Town and Parish Councils together with other representations received, which were listed within the presented agenda reports, and RESOLVED that:
a) 1954/18/OPA Development site at SX 513 609, Land off Pinewood Drive, Woolwell
Outline application with some matters reserved for the erection of up to 39 no. dwellings with associated vehicular access from Pinewood Drive and other enabling works
Case Officer Update: Condition 6 (relating to cycleway) to be deleted, Highway Authority have confirmed it is no longer relevant
Speakers included: Objector – Mrs Lucina George: Supporter – Mr Keith Fenwick: Ward Member – Cllr Hopwood
Recommendation: Conditional Approval
During debate, Members requested that an Informative be added to the decision relating to the housing split being what the district required, and also that the figures within the s106 were subject to clarification to ensure they were accurate in respect of the education element.
Committee Decision: Conditional Approval
1. Standard time limit
2. Standard outline submission of reserved matters
3. Accords with plans
5. Estate roads etc to be provided in accordance with details to be agreed
6. Pre commencement – drainage strategy and flood exceedance route plan to be
7. No development shall take place until the applicant has secured the implementation of a programme of archaeological work in accordance with a written scheme of investigation which has been submitted by the applicant and approved by the Planning Authority. The development shall be carried out at all times in strict accordance with the approved scheme, or such other details as may be subsequently agreed in writing by the District Planning Authority
8. Provision of electrical charging points
9. Submission of a light modelling plan (showing LUX contours) at Reserved Matters stage
10. No external lighting unless agreed by LPA
11. Submission at RM stage of an Ecological Mitigation and Enhancement Strategy (to include impact avoidance, mitigation and enhancement proposals for construction and operational phases. The EMEs should be fully integrated with the Landscape Details/Scheme and should demonstrate net gain in biodiversity, developing the recommendations of the Ecological Appraisal)
12. Pre-commencement submission of a LEMP detailing ongoing management and maintenance of boundary features, open space and buffer zone habitats
13. Prior to first occupation of any residential unit, a scheme to secure mitigation of the additional recreational pressures upon the Tamar European Marine Site, shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The scheme shall be implemented in full prior to first occupation (supporting informative and reason given within the HRA)
14. Landscape details, including boundary treatments and maintenance schedule to be agreed in RM and implemented in accordance with agreed timetable
15. Provision of parking and turning prior to occupation
16. Removal of PD – boundary treatments and hardstandings
17. Retention of boundary treatment to buffer zone
Members noted the list of appeals as outlined in the presented agenda report.